Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sometimes I Felt Like This During Travel Week....


     After spending the first 48 hours with no sleep, taking in many gorgeous sights, overnight train mishaps (aka nightmares of Sleeper Class and jumping into the train as it started to take off), SEEING THE TAJ MAHAL AND BASKING IN ITS GLORY (Be envious...see what I did here, with the green? talking about envy?! Clever, I know), learning to live life to the fullest and enjoy alllll of its pleasures (...or at least that's what we learned at the kamasutra temples), seeing alert peacocks with no sign of tigers (Ranthambore fail), eating some sketchy food (I actually found myself referring to places that sold awful, probably sickening, street food under a roof "a restaurant"), seeing more human waste than I ever want to see on a side-walk, driving through deserts, attempting to further discounts on well-haggled items after being told I have beautiful eyes (contacts), being told countless times I look Indian...by Indians, fending off rickshaw drivers, outsmarting our "tour-guide", soaking up the sun in Goa (my new favorite place. Who doesn't love fresh seafood and fruit brought right to your beach chair?!) it is safe to say Travel Week has left me a whole lot more travel-saavy, tan...and exhausted-effects which have managed to carry themselves into my first week back in Pune!

     I know everyone is probably dying to see pictures from my travels, but I promise to have them up upon my arrival back to the states! Because I use a camcorder, I couldn't take pictures everywhere I went (like the Taj) and have to wait for friends to post photos I can steal to help fill in the gaps! Sorry!! But for now I suppose I can post some Jaipur and Khajuraho pictures. Say hello to the Amber Fort, a not-so-charmed snake, Jaipur's Floating Palace, a Rajasthani Block-Fabric maker, the world's largest sundial (very accurate at telling time!), and the Kama Sutra and Jain temples of Khajuraho!
(This is my friend Amber...Fort!)
(This snake was so uncharmed that I managed to snap a shot during the only millisecond they let him out of the basket before shutting him right back in for his nap!)
("My palace can float, can yours?" asked Jaipur)
(Fabric: Hand-printed block style!)
(THE LARGEST SUNDIAL IN THE WORLD....ok, a model of the largest sundial in the world!)
(Here's part of the actual WORLD'S LARGEST SUNDIAL)
(Kamasutra time! Thanks Hindu temples!)

(Carvings on the outside of the temples...beautiful and detailed to the point of awkwardness)
(Jain Temple!...I wonder if that's where their goal of lack-or-attachment to worldly possessions has any relationship with the phrase "Plain Jane"...I think "Plain Jain" would also make sense, no?)
(spotted on our way to a temple! Not on our tiger safari oddly enough...)


Hope these photos suffice for now!
dream.love.discover,
Dachelle



No comments:

Post a Comment