Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving all!!! 




I have an extremely long list of things I am thankful for this year, but among some of the many things my list includes:

-being given a thanksgiving meal in India
-all of the amazing friends I have made this semester
-every experience I have had since stepping foot on Indian soil (positive, negative, devastating, hilarious, joyous, and everything in-between)
-not experiencing a rainy day since the beginning of October!
-not needing to wear a jacket in November
-STILL WEARING SANDALS
-the amazing support system I have had through every meltdown I have gone through this semester
-The Alliance Staff who always make the efforts to make us feel at home and organize many opportunities for us, even going as far as to find what I believe may be one of the only ovens in Pune so we could bake pies this evening
-the lack of Delhi Belly in my life!!! (yay for no awkward stomach issues!!)
-competent and pleasant Rickshaw drivers, especially in those instances where you have no idea where you are going but hope to God your driver does and isn’t just taking you for a 80 rupee extra ride through scenic Pune
-Being safe, sound, and happy
-MAKING IT OFF OF SLEEPER CLASS DURING TRAVEL WEEK
-waking up every morning knowing that the sun will be shining, my water is clean, tea will more than likely not end up on my back, I will eat delicious food, and have an excellent day
-the fact that laughter is contagious…and highly complimented!
-my host family, who has really become a wonderful part of my experience in India…I will be forever thankful for the surprise pineapple we got last week as well!!
-the many other things I am forgetting to say or that would take up waaaaaaaaaay too much of a blog to post!
-YOU FOR READING THIS!!!!

Dream.love.discover how thanksgiving is done in India,
Dachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment