Friday, December 9, 2011

Some May Say I'm Goan' Crazy!!!

    As I prepare to embark on my final weekend in India, I can't help but think of all the beautiful places I am soon leaving behind. In-case anyone has missed the memo, one of my favorite weekend escapes has been Goa. For what is usually about rs. 2,000  (that's travel and accommodations), you can hop on an overnight bus, freeze through a 10-12 hour bumpy journey through the night (which is totally worth it for the end destination), and wake up in India's oasis of sand and sun better known as Goa! With a weekend of delicious seafood, GORGEOUS weather, and all the salt water I can handle, I think it's safe to say that given a choice I would gladly never come home. Luckily (for my friends and family back in the US), after two great yet exhausting nights on the beach I am usually put on the overnight freezer (did I say freezer? I meant bus! But really they're the same thing), shipped back to Pune (against my will!), and delivered safely back to reality. It's difficult to find pictures that really do Goa justice, but below are some pictures my friends and I have taken during our weekend trips to North and South Goa including some shots from my grand adventure through the South. Enjoy!


(Feel free to be jealous that I got to be here, where all hours are happy ones, in DECEMBER!)

(The "EGUAD" is always looking out for tourists)



(Beach huts and seaside restaurant shacks are a must!)

Cue in the photos from a grand adventure!!!!....



aaaaaand some friends, of course!
Super special thanks to Amy Hinz and Maya Fe Holzhauer who's pictures I definitely stole for this section (well, some of them at least!)
(All good Goan mornings begin with some quality negotiating with the Taxi Drivers)

(but it's always worth it for the delicious breakfast finds!)

(And the amazing dinners)

(Don't forget the cows on the beach!)

(Other favorite things about Goa? FRESH FRUIT: coconuts and pineapples galore!)




dream.love.discover!
Dachelle








No comments:

Post a Comment