Monday, December 19, 2011

Why hasn't it set in yet??!

    Four days ago, I landed in Boston and it still hasn't hit me yet....I'm not going back to India. I spent my last day with everyone in Pune MC-ing, dancing, and eating and I won't get that back. I kept trying to tell myself, "take a look around, because in a few days you won't be able to walk the crowded, filthy Pune streets, argue with rickshaw drivers, or be surrounded by coconut trees. You'll miss this when you're home." But for some reason I don't....yet. Maybe it's because my mother has taken it upon herself to jam-pack my time home so far with two parties and overwhelming amounts of people or because I haven't really had time to reflect on everything in its entirety yet, I've come back to a new house, it was the weekend so everyone was home to be around me all the time, it's almost Christmas, my friends are also coming home-the possible reasons are endless, but either way, I know I'll miss India, I'm just trying to figure out WHEN! In recounting my last few days in Pune, India, here are some of the final photos of FA2011...(thanks to everyone I've borrowed pics from!!!)
A very India photo shoot


     



Last Days...
(reliving and photographing our walk to school!)
    
(just stopping to pet the strays!)

(sitting through lectures...)

My life as an Apte (cue in the host fam!)




aaaand the final moments....

(Do I look like an Indian Princess yet?)
(let's just say we mastered that closing ceremony!)
(They don't make Bollywood stars like this)

dream.(love).discover,
Dachelle








No comments:

Post a Comment